Friday, January 11, 2013

Watch Out World, Chase Is Walking!

What a good start of the year. Chase is getting cast#2 in a week,AND he is WALKING. I was worried that the day would never come. I have been waiting for this day. Every time he would was holding on to something and let go,my heart would be beating fast and I was ready to yell in excitement. He had his own little timeline and it wasn't just yet time. And yesterday he just surprised all when we making him take a step or 2. The number of steps just gotten more and more and we went for 2-3 steps at a time to...11 and today he did 17 for me.Its a big milestone for every baby. But a HUGE one for chase.

It looks like this cast will be off on Monday. Bright and early 7:30am. And a LONG bath afterwards.Chase gets a week out of cast then off to Chicago for the 2nd cast. This time around should be easier, I hope. But I don't think it ever gets easier handing your baby over to a nurse before they put him to sleep and not being able to hold his hand threw the whole thing.

Kids are back in to school mode, and the first few days with out them home was different. I hate changes, and not having them around all day gets lonely. Before we know it school will be out for the summer and WE all will miss school time LOL.

Talking about summer, Oh my this nice weather we are having is great. Its back to just hoodie weather. But the weather needs to make up its mind. Either stay 20 degrees or 60's. It won't be long until Chase and I are enjoying weather like this or warmer out in Arizona in Feb for Grandma's Birthday! 









And this Birthday stuff, needs to stop. I can't believe my oldest step daughter(or should I say soon to be) is 14. Two more years we will have a driver on our hands. Just crazy I tell ya!







I will end with a poem I found on Facebook. It made me cry when I read it. Its what I feel in my heart.....

"If before you were born, I could have gone to heaven and saw all the beautiful souls, I still would have chosen you...

If God had told me, "This soul would one day need extra care and needs," I still would have chosen you...

If He had t
old me, "This soul may make your heart bleed," I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me, "This soul would make you question the depth of your faith," I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me "This soul would make tears flow from your eyes that could fill a river," I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me "This soul may one day make you witness overbearing suffering," I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me, "All that you know to be normal would drastically change," I still would have chosen you...

Of course, even though I would have chosen you, I know it was God who chose me for you."
Terri Banish.

No comments:

Post a Comment