Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Got To Keep Hoping!

So right out of cast chase got a x-ray. We was curious of what the curve did in cast.Chase started off with a 60 degree curve and in cast he was at amazing 23 degrees. We was also curious of correction right out of cast and what it would be a week out of cast going in to cast number 2.

Dr H re-insured me at Chase's last appointment,this will not be a short process. That being 23 in cast doesn't me he will be 23 out of cast.And it all will depend on chase's growing. He didn't feel that chase would progress worse in numbers in cast because they do believe Chase has a "idiopathic" type of scoliosis,meaning there is nothing causing it.



 I was not ready to see this x-ray, it broke my heart and made me give up hope at that moment. With support of my friends and family I cant give up hope on this treatment for chase's sake. But in the back of my mind the worst is running threw it. "What if this treatment don't work on my baby"" What if he is being casted till the age of 6, that 4 and half years of casting". But I just got to ignore them thoughts and Pray for good numbers with cast number 2. Going threw scoliosis my self has been easier then this.But when its your baby,and your making decisions for another little human its hard,If you make a decision about your health its you living with it for the rest of your life, But this is my child.He is the one is physically going threw it,and cant speak of what he wants or if you could talk over it  he wouldn't understand the concept of this. We just cant let this go and hope and pray its ok.   


No comments:

Post a Comment