Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Just seems like yesterday,but really its been 10 years.

It went from warm summer to BAM its fall, its pretty cold out. Put away the summer cloths and got the nice warm comfy close out this weekend. The awful cold is going around the family house already too. YUCK.

With no news from Chicago Shriners yet on when Chase will be getting his first cast. And if not anytime in the near future. We got Cincinnati children's hospital and SLC Utah Shriners willing to take on chase's case and both agree on EDF casting. With every pasting month or even week,we are losing time. Did you know the human spine grows 50% of its growth in the first 2 years. So we got roughly 10 months of this growth spurt time to hit this curve hard! I don't want to waste this time.

Today marked 10 years since I had my surgery for my scoliosis. I have 2 Harrington rods going down my back. Having had this done, drives the pushy mommy in me. I am meaning I will do what ever it takes to make sure Chase is on the right path of treatment to make his chance's less of ever having to ever have these rods. What they didn't tell me and my parents when I had them placed that I would probably looking at atleast another spinal fusion. I found out 4 years ago that I'm already in need of this. My new surgeon told me wait till my lower back is hurting and that's our time to start planing the fusion.  Well its been hurting 2 years now. And even worse now after chase was born. I am fighting it and putting it off longer now. Can you imagine being down for 6-8 weeks not being able to carry you 1 year old around that is also in a cast. Yeah not possible at this time.

I know my blog has been taken over by scoliosis and chase's health. Well that's my life right now. I have no other life at the moment other then appointments, the house, kids and the stuff that needs to get done. I hope stuff gets to slow down around here. This mommy is just tired and wore out. I have gotten use to everything well the schedule of it. Mentally, I'm exhausted and overwhelmed still and question everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment